Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Carpe Diem Baby


I find that when I'm happy I have a rough time blogging. If I can't complain about my fights, my friends, my classes, or society as a whole then I apparently have very little to say... healthy. I have good grades, my biggest problem with my friends is when my roommate sleeps too far away from me at night, and its Relays week so I don't have class Thursday and its a week long party. It is safe to say life is good. But with all this rain I have spent alot of time thinking about what I really want to be doing with my life, we all have these moments. Do I really want to be a teacher? I can't say yes, I'm still not 100 percent sure (its a good thing I'm spending 36 thousand a year on an education right?), do I want to get married, travel, have kids, join the peace corp? Maybe. So I made a list of things I want to do before I die. 
  1. I want to parasail in Mexico. 
  2. Adopt a kid from a different country
  3. Build a house
  4. Visit Africa, China, Spain, Barcelona, Netherlands, Greece, South America, Australia, Italy, Guatemala, Costa Rica, France, Ireland, Switzerland, Canada, Amsterdam and many more. 
  5. See the Northern Lights
  6. I want to go to every state in America, including Hawaii & Alaska.
  7. Teach in an inner city school.
  8. Have kids
  9. Be a foster parent
  10. Go skydiving 
  11. Go bungee jumping
  12. Go skiing
  13. Get married- love someone more than anything
  14. Climb a mountain  
  15. Surf
  16. Stomp grapes to make wine
  17. Go to a gay pride parade
  18. Join the peace corp
  19. Go sailing
  20. Hot air balloon ride
  21. Ride an elephant in the Savanna
  22. Go to the circus
  23. Gamble in Las Vegas
  24. Go scuba diving
  25. Spend New Year's Eve in Time Square
It is harder than it seems, to think about dying and what to do before. Sometimes it's harder to believe that everything I just listed I won't ever accomplish if my life doesn't turn out the way I want. Peoples life change dramatically every day, people die, become paralyzed, or are diagnosed with a life changing disease or disorder. These things take money, something I wont have, chances of me finishing this list are slim, but a girl can dream can't she. My point: don't take anything for granted. My last few blogs have been about running out of time. You may think you have all the time in the world but one day that will change. Seize opportunities. Live, laugh, & love like you were dying tomorrow. 

In honor of relays week ladies and gentleman: BILLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment