Thursday, May 5, 2011

Read If You Dare

This summer I went to the Army Recruitment Center with one of my friends. When they asked me why I wanted to be a teacher, I said the typical "I want to help kids", and he made a  comment about all aspirating teachers wanting to be like Hillary Swank in Freedom Writers. I won't lie that was kind of how I saw myself. I know its how alot of the people in my education class see themselves. Today, my special education teacher asked what were the top five things we were looking forward to. Mine where 1) Decorating my classroom. 2) Getting to know my students. 3) Writing lesson plans. 4) Assigning and grading creative projects. & 5) Coaching or being an advisor. Pretty simple if you ask me, but they are things that make up teaching. Every day isn't going to be rewarding, every student isn't going to like me, and while yes I can make a difference, I wont ever be Hillary Swank. I've come to the conclusions that teachers have to be practical. This is just an interesting tid bit of my day I wanted to share.

On a different note I'm debating on rather or not to continue blogging. I blog every day and it certainly helps me clear my mind and then continue on with my list of things to do. But somethings are too hurtful to see or do every day, some people I don't know if I want reading my blog and knowing information about me with out me sharing it with them personally. I wont ever be a famous writer, this blog will maybe last this summer, MAYBE, but how long will I really have anything interesting to say that any one will want to read, if anyone reads this at all. So for those who do read, I might stop soon. I know you are heart broken, but we can't always get what we want.

And lastly, I'm learning how to mend a broken heart. & to save those who do read from a long blog, I'll keep it short. Always surround yourself with friends. Don't lay around for more than one day. Don't talk until you can go weeks with out thinking about them, they don't appear in your dreams, seeing them wont unravel you, and you don't have to physically force yourself to not look at their facebook. I once dated a guy for 9 months and waited two years until we could talk civilly again. But we can be friends, catch up, and seeing him doesn't make me cry anymore. Waiting, that's the key to MENDING a broken heart. If they care about you, no matter how long it takes to be ready, they will be there to "catch up" when you are healed.

The video below is an amazing song with an amazing meaning that makes me think of an awful situation with an amazing friend. So enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment